CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Continued...

During my senior year of high school, I decided I wanted to attend Baylor University.  However, my parents decided it cost too much and I didn't think I could handle living that far away from my parents.  So, I opted to stay home for a year and attend a junior college to get my basics out of the way.  During that time, my aunt, uncle, and cousins invited us to an A&M game (against McNeese State), trying to get me to like A&M and want to attend. (I was a big longhorn fan!!)  I couldn't understand all of the traditions that A&M had and quite frankly, I thought it was weird.  However, the band took the field and I was in awe.  I knew right then and there that I had to go to A&M and that I would do everything it took to get into A&M.  I know God had a plan for me to get into A&M, but it wasn't right away.  I enrolled into Blinn College while Chuck attend A&M.  During our first semester out of the house, our lives took an unexpected turn.

Let me back up for a second, Chuck and I started dating when I was a junior. (We were friends since I was a freshman in high school)  We only dated for a few months when I broke up with him for various reasons, and then suddenly realized I didn't mean to do that.  During our break, I read a book "How I Kissed Dating Goodbye" by Joshua Harris.  I realized during that time that I needed to pray for my future husband and that God would place that guy in my life.  Chuck and I started talking again and I was praying and asking if Chuck was the one (I know, we were young and still in high school).  At the end of my junior, I really and truly felt that Chuck was the one God had planned for me.  So, we started dating again and this time was way different from the first time.  We were very open and honest with each other and loved being around each other.  We talked about marriage, but wanted to wait until closer to the end of our time in college.

Fast forward - we found out in September of 2002 that we would be expecting a little one in 2003.  We both grew up in the church knowing that we needed to save ourselves for marriage and that Satan will try to mess things up and make you disobedient.  I didn't try to make an excuse for my actions because I knew we were in the wrong.  We married in October 2002 and Chandler came in February 2003.  We moved back to our home town in December 2002.  I told Chuck when Chandler turned a year old, that we would need to reapply back to A&M so that we could finish our degrees.  I prayed and prayed during that time.  In January of 2004, Chuck and I were talking about the statistics of teen pregnancies and how they never get their degree.  I told him that we were not going to be another statistic and that we needed to start applying to A&M.  He told me that he didn't think that was a good idea because we wouldn't have the money to attend.  I told him that I had been praying that God's will would be done and that He would provide a sign to let us know what to do next.  If we earned a spot at A&M, then we were going with a baby in tow.  We both applied.  I figured Chuck would get in because he is super smart and had previously attended.  I didn't think I would get in because I just didn't. 

Well, Chuck got his acceptance letter first.  So, we started looking around for jobs and apartments.  I was still thinking that God had something else in store for me.  In April of 2004, I received my letter and it said that I had earned a spot into the education program at A&M.  I can't tell you how excited and emotional I was.  So, in August of 2004, we loaded up the Uhaul and made the trek to A&M.

When you rely on God, He will provide.  Matthew 7:7-8 says "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened for you.  For every one who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened."

God always provides, but it doesn't stop there because I have seen God work in more ways.  So, the story continues...

2 comments:

  1. What an awesome story, Britni! I love you new blog. It is very inspirational, thank you for having the courage to share!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why did you stop? Where is the rest?

    ReplyDelete