CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Testimony

I want to share my testimony so that you know where I have been, but I am going to break it into parts over the next week.  Looking back, I love how I see God's hand over my life, but in the moment, I couldn't see it.  I pray that my testimony will be a witness to you and that you will see that God never leaves you.  You may think He has while you are in the moment, but when you take a step back and look at the grand scheme of things, you will see that He was right beside you the whole time.

I was baptized when I was either in 3rd or 4th grade.  I had been to church all of my life and one day felt the Lord calling me to take a leap of faith and walk down the aisle to say that I have asked Jesus into my heart.  I don't think I fully understood what it meant to be a Christian until my junior high and high school years.  The first time I really remember God answering a prayer was in the 9th grade. (I am sure He answered prayers before then, but this is the first one I distinctly remember.)  I had tried out for cheerleader from 6th gradde through my senior year of high school.  I didn't make it the first year and was heart broken.  I wanted to be a cheerleader so bad.  I prayed each night for God to allow me to do well during tryouts and that if it was his will, I would make cheerleader.  I didn't understand why I didn't make it in 6th grade for the 7th grade squad.  I practiced and tried out again in 7th for the 8th grade squad.  Again, I didn't make it.  I didn't understand until one day shortly after the tryouts were over, my mom and dad said we were moving because my dad had earned a new teaching job in another town.  So, we moved and I started my 8th grade year in a new school and town.  I didn't make it again.  So, now I am 0 for 3 and am determined to make the squad and was still wondering why I still wasn't making it.  But, my hard work an prayers payed off.  I finally made it on the JV squad during my sophomore year.  I loved it and everything about it!!!  I again made it to the Varsity squad my junior year.  I was on cloud 9 for two years.  I tried out for my last year of high school.  I knew being cheerleader my senior year would be the icing on the cake and make my senior year a blast.  As I look back now, I know God had me on the squad for a reason, but I just kept ignoring what He wanted me to do.  So, I didn't make the squad my senior year.  Again, I was devastated.  I cried my whole senior year.  Like I said, God asked me to spread His word and not put anything before Him, but I did.  I put cheerleading before Him, not the other way around.  I knew I needed to get it together and start spreading His word.  I took my bible to school and read it during lunch and during extra time throughout the day. 

To be continued....

I want to leave you with a verse that is a command for all of Christ's followers: Colossians 1:9 (KJV) "Do not cease to pray".

No comments:

Post a Comment