CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Do you have plans?

Do you make plans? Immediate? Long-term? Short-term? Big? Small?  I make plans all the time and lists to go with these plans.  I even try to plan things that I have no control over. Gasp!! I know, I know!!  The big man upstairs I am sure laughs at me all the time for trying to control the plans for my life, when in fact He already has my whole life mapped out.  My favorite verse at the moment is Jeremiah 29:11, "For I know the plan I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give hope and a future".  Over and over again, I have to apologize to the Lord for trying to take His job from Him and make it mine.  It is our nature as humans to plan, control, and fix everything around us.  However, if we just sit back, trust in the Lord, remain patient, and spend lots of time on our knees, we will see His plan unfold right before us and it is better than anything we could ever plan for ourselves.  With God in control of the handle bars of your bike, you will travel to places you never imagined possible.

***If you like love to read as much as I do, I would like to recommend books written by Karen Kingsbury.  She is a phenominal author.  She writes christian ficiton that is hard to put down once you start.  She has several stand alone books and several series.  My favorite is about the Baxter family.  She has written several series about this family with a new series coming out starting March 2nd.  You can become a Facebook fan of hers and check out her books at your local library and/or church library.  Happy reading!!!***

No comments:

Post a Comment