CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, March 5, 2011

And it continues...

Before I continue with the "rest of the story", I want to apologize for the lack of posting.  God placed on my heart this blog and to spread the word, but I have been neglecting it for a couple of weeks.  I am getting my master's right now and have had multiple things due over the last few weeks as well as my own job's responsibilities, that I have been so tired at night.  However, it is behind me and I am ready to share what the Lord has put on my heart.

So, my husband, son, and I made our way to Aggieland.  The atmosphere in Aggieland is hard to explain other than the fact that the Aggies are the main focus of the town.  My favorite quote is "From the outside looking in, you can't understand it. From the inside looking out, you can't explain it."  That is so true.  Looking back at our time there, I can't tell you how we made it except by the grace of God's hands.  Chuck was working full time at Lowe's and taking 12-15 hours a semester.  I was working part time and taking 15 hours a semester with a family to take care.  At the end of each semester, I wanted to quit.  Working and school took all of my energy and I didn't want to do it any more.  God, my family, and friends, wouldn't let me quit and gave me the strength to make it through the each semester. 

I am now the PROUDEST member of the Fightin' Texas Aggie Class of 2006.  The last year at A&M was an emotional roller coaster.  I earned the coveted ring that Aggies receive when they have completed 90 hours of course work, I made it through my student teaching semester with a great mentor teacher, and I walked across the stage and received my diploma. 

Romans 5:3-4 says "Not only so, we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope.  And hope does not dissapoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us."

As we journey on our bicycle through life, our perseverance will land us at the feet of Jesus. 

No comments:

Post a Comment