CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Never ceases....

We arrived in Dallas without any problems.  The closer to the time I was supposed to be there, the more nervous I became.  Friday morning, we woke up, went to the mall, ate lunch, and headed to the school.  Since we weren't from the Dallas area, we didn't know how bad traffic would be.  I had printed off directions, but it didn't say anything about traffic.  I called the secretary and told her about the traffic and wanted to make sure exactly where the school was.  We arrived to town, but couldn't find the school to save our life.  It was about the time that I started freaking out and knew I wasn't going to get the job.  I called the secretary back and told her we were having trouble finding the school.  The school had been built the previous year by a farm and was hidden from the road.  She lead us straight to it.  By the time I arrived at school, I was 30 minutes late.  I figured they would give me an interview because I showed up, but I wouln't get the job.  Chuck and the kiddos stayed in the car in the parking lot waiting for me.

I waited for the principal, checked over my portfolio, and made sure that I had plenty of resumes to pass out.  I met the principal and he said that we were going to talk to another room to have the interview. (I was thinking it would be in the conference room, very formal)  I was so wrong.  The school had their field day that morning, so they were all in t-shirts and shorts.  I hadn't told my best friend that I was coming.  So, when she saw me in the hall she started screaming!!!  That helped me to calm down.  We all sat in the hall and had the most informal interview I have ever had in my life.  We were laughing and cutting up with each other.  In my mind I am thinking, "God, this would be the perfect team to work with.  We are already getting along, but I don't want to get my hopes up."  We finish the interview and Linza wanted to introduce me to her students because she had talke about me so much during that year that she wanted to "show" me off.  Another teacher, Blake, then called me to see her room.  I am thinking, I just met you and I think it is weird that you are showing me your room.  What I found out later was that while I was in Linza's room, the principal was asking the team if they would like to hire me.  They had a unanimous yes!!  The principal wanted to tell Linza before telling me, so Blake called me to her room so that he could tell Linza.  See how AWESOME our God is!!!

We start walking back toward the office and the principal stops me in the middle of the hall and asks if I would like the job, because he wanted to offer it to me.  I was in shock and started crying.  Of course, I said yes, but was overwhelmed!!  Thinking of all of the applications I had filled out and interviews that didn't get any where, and here I am being offered a job on the spot.  :)  We went to his office and we talked for a few more minutes.  I told him about my kiddos and he gave me a number for several babysitters and kindergarten information for Chandler.  Amazing!!  He gave me some specific dates to sign my contract and other such things. 

I left the office and walked outside to find Chuck.  I forced myself to not cry or smile.  I wanted to make Chuck think, but as soon as I got in the car Chuck asked "Well?".  I couldn't hold it in!!  I started crying and told him I got the job.  He couldn't believe me!!  Talk about a huge sigh of relief!!

Psalm 40:1-2 "I waited patiently for the Lord; he turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand."

When we "fall" off of our bikes, God hears our cries.  He rescues us, builds us up, and places us on firm ground.  Stay tuned for more blessings!!

1 comment:

  1. Even though I experienced all of this with you - I am sitting here fighting the tears (without success) and marveling at how God has worked in your life and thinking how very proud I am of you and how very blessed I am that God saw fit to allow me to be your mother!! You are a truly amazing Godly woman!! I love you!!

    ReplyDelete