CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, March 6, 2011

God's Blessings continue...

During my last year at A&M, my husband and I started talking about having another baby.  Our son was 3 about to turn 4 and I thought this would be the perfect age gap.  I prayed multiple times a day for God's will of another baby.  I wanted another one so bad, but knew God's plan was better than mine.  After praying for 8 months, day in and day out, I wasn't feeling so well and thought I was coming down with the flu (since it was flu season).  I just felt lethargic, couldn't eat anything, and the smell of anything would send me flying towards the bathroom. My mentor teacher (I was student teaching at the time), suggested that I might be pregnant.  I told her that I didn't think so because I was praying and hadn't seen a sign from God.  The following weekend, I bought a pregnancy test to see.  It came back positive!!  The day I found out I was reading in my Bible the following verse out of 1 Samuel.  1 Samuel 1:27 "I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of him.  So now I give him to the Lord.  For his whole life he will be given over to the Lord."  Our daughter joined us in October 2007.

During my student teaching semester, I was trying to get a teaching job in Aggieland or surrounding schools, but the administrators were looking for someone with years of experience.  I was frustrated, but realized it was a blessing in disguise because that meant I was able to stay home with Rainey during her fir year of life. 

After having her, I tried to sub at least 3 times a week so that my name would still be out and around all throughout the district.  I didn't want to leave College Station because I loved it!!  Chuck and I had learned so much and grew during our time there.  Aggieland had (and still has) a special place in our hearts.  I prayed for a direction of where to start looking and applying for jobs.  I sent applications all over the Houston and Dallas areas.  I really didn't want to move any where, but believed God had a job for me somewhere, I just needed to have faith.

Mark 11:20-26 talks about the fig tree that Jesus had walked by in a previous chapted.  Jesus had told the tree that no one would ever get fruit from it because it had not produced fruit for him to eat.  In Mark 11:20-26, they walk by the tree again and it is withered.  Peter told Jesus to look at the tree and how it had withered.  Jesus replied "Have faith in God".

With God in control of your handlebars, you must have Faith in God to lead you on the path to righteouness.

No comments:

Post a Comment