CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, March 7, 2011

Testimony continued...

Looking for a job was quite a task.  I would get frustrated and wonder if I had earned the wrong degree because maybe God wanted me to do something else.  My patience was running very thin.  My best friend was in her first year of teaching at a school in the Dallas area.  My husband kept telling me that I needed to contact her and see if there were any jobs opening in her school or area schools.  I kept telling him that I wasn't going to bother her with that because I knew God had a job for me, I just didn't know where.  Well, it was now May and I hadn't heard back from anybody.  As I was playing with my little babies, I felt God pulling me to email my best friend.  In my mind I was having an argument with God.  My argument went something like this:
God: Britni, you need to email Linza.
me: God, she is in her first year, the school year is almost over, and I don't want to bug her about a job.  Plus, I don't think she will respond right away.
God: Britni, I command you to email her.
me: God, I don't want to.  It will be a waste of my time.  I don't want to move from College Station.  Can you please find me a job here.
God: Britni, I have greater things in store for you, just trust me.
me: Fine, I will email her, but I can promise you that this is a dead end.

This is on a Friday close to the end of may.  I email my best friend and she replied back in less than 10 minutes with some of the best news I had ever heard.  She said that one of the ladies on her team was having a baby and had just told them not even 5 minutes before I emailed her that she wasn't returning to school next year.  She also said that she had talked about me all year long to her principal and that he would tell him that I was interested in teaching at their school.  I replied back that that would be great.  She replied about 10 minutes later saying that he wanted my resume.  I replied back to her asking for his email, but didn't get a quick response from her.  So, I found his email address, attached my resume, and told him that I was headed to the Dallas area the next weekend to celebrate Memorial Day with family.  I also said that I wanted to stop by to see where the school was and visit.  He responded immediately and asked if I could be there around 1:00.  He didn't say that it would be an interview, so I wasn't sure how to take it.  I was so excited, thanked God for this break through, and told him that I would be there. 

I scheduled a hotel and started planning and packing.  I decided to treat this as an interview and knew I needed the "wow"-ing interview suit.  I spent the next day shopping and found a shirt to go with a skirt I already had.  So, I had everything lined out and pretty much packed way before it needed to be.  The following Thursday, after Chuck got off work, we loaded the car and kids and headed to Dallas.  I started getting nervous and prayed for calmness.

Colossians 1:10-14, "And we pray this in order that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and may please him in every way; bearing fruit in every good work, gorwing in the knowledge of God, being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience, and joyfully giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of the saints in the kingdom of light. For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins."

Patience is the one lesson that God keeps teaching me over and over again.  Patience is needed when riding the bicycle called life, we may want to get off and take a break, but we need patience to listen when God tells us its ok to stop and take a break.  That means we have arrived at our next check point.

So it continues...

No comments:

Post a Comment