CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, July 18, 2011

Blessings Continued...

I was given the job as a 2nd grade teacher on the spot.  After meeting the team and interviewing, I went back to my principal's office.  He gave me some dates that I needed in order to sign my contract and other things that I needed to take care of.  While in there, he asked if we had a place lined up to move to and if we had any children.  We didn't have anything lined up because we weren't sure if this was what God had in store for us and told him about my sweet family.  At the time, Rainey was 7 months old and I told him that if I could have her go to a home sitter that I would prefer that instead of a day care.  Of course, Chandler would be starting kindergarten at the school with me.  While in the office, the principal made some calls and gave me some numbers.  Again, I am in AWE of how God was working during this hour and a half time span.  It all happened so fast!!!  So, I left the school with a job, kindergarten papers for Chandler, numbers for sitters, and information for my contract.  Talk about overwhelmed!!!

We spent that weekend in our hometown visiting for Memorial Day weekend and sharing the exciting news!!!  During the weekend, I got a summer job lined up so that I could make a little extra money to buy stuff for my classroom and school clothes!!  Once we made it back to our house, I started packing up the house and preparing things for our move.

During the next couple of weeks, I made several calls to several babysitters and looked online for houses to buy.  After several calls, I found the lady that was going to keep Rainey.  The lady that was going to keep Rainey, was the sister-in-law to one of my new teammates!!!  I hadn't even met her in person, but as I was talking to her and asking questions, I just prayed and asked God to show me what He needed me to do.  I felt at ease talking to her and she sounded like she truly cared.  So, I had a babysitter lined up, but no house.

Toward the end of June, my mom and I went to look at some houses to buy, but I just was smitten with anything that I saw.  One of my teammates mentioned that the house next to her was for rent, but nobody had rented it for a long time.  She gave me the number to call.  I called the guy and we talked about how long we would need the house and that he would like for me to see it before I said yes or no.  So, I am thinking that it is going to be ok.  It is in a neighborhood that I had heard nothing but good things about.  I walked in and it had royal blue carpet, gold finishes, and just really outdated.  I just looked at my mom.  It had four bedrooms, two baths, 2 car garage, back porch, dining area, and was huge.  We decided that we could make it work for as long as we needed to.  Brace yourselves for more of God's divine plan because my new teammate was right next door AND Rainey's babysitter lived right across the street!!!  Talk about a loving God who always watches out for His people.  Looking back now, I don't know how much more perfect God could have planned it.

To ride a bicycle perfectly, you must keep your balance, keep your eyes forward, and God will take care of the perfect part!!  The ride will be perfect every time.  "Every good and perfect gift is from above" James 1:17

No comments:

Post a Comment